Skip to main content

7 TV Intros With Cool Songs

How often do you encounter a TV show with an intro song that makes you look it up on Spotify immediately. Or maybe a powerful intro that makes you feel like you're soul belongs to that show? Sure, the intro to Game of Thrones is good, but after 6 seasons, it pretty much got overdone. (Yes, I skip the intro, fight me.)




7. You're The Worst


Song:  7:30am by Slothrust
Season: One and Two
Where can I watch this? This is an FX Show, so obviously FXNow, or catch the first season on HuluPlus.

This show is magnificent in it's depiction of modern day "dating". The characters are enchanting and relatable in the most despicable way. It will make you feel things you don't want to feel, but still make you laugh tremendously in the process. And that Freaks and Geeks intro vibe? SWEET.



6. The Sopranos



Song: Woke Up This Morning by Alabama 3
Season: One through six
Where can I watch this? HBOGo, HBONow

This is the song you should be waking up to. Now, I haven't gone through all my Soprano seasons, (I know, how dare I?) BUT I recognize good intros when I feel them. If I wanted to be in a show, this would be it. If I could marry Italian, I would. Only if it's a Soprano though.



5. Portlandia


Song: Feel It All Around by Washed Out
Season: One through six.
Where can I watch this? Netflix, sometimes IFC.

If you ever want to watch something to get you in a good mood, this is the one you turn to! Aside from being a totally rad show, the intro song really makes you want to grab you stuff and just head out to Portland. Or am I the only one? Doesn't get more chill than this. One does not simply Cacao to Washed Out.



4. The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst


Song: Fresh Blood by Eels
Season: One
Where can I watch this? HBOGo, HBONow

I'm tired of recommending this constantly, so if you ever decide on watching a really good crime drama with a super bone chilling yet cool jam, you go ahead and watch this. I INSIST, AND PERSIST. 



3. Misfits


Song: Echoes by The Rapture
Season: All
Where can I watch this? From my recollections, it should all be on HuluPlus!

During my teenage years when  British TV ruled my interests, this show was my favorite. It's got a good amount of suspense with an overload of comedy. There is no way you CANNOT adore Nathan. You also grow attached to the characters. Our beloved Ramsey Snow stars in this as well. Did I forget to mention the supernatural powers? This show is very fun!



2. Deutschland 83


Song: Major Tom (English version) by Peter Schilling 
Season: One
Where can I watch this? Oh man, that's gonna be tough. I had the hardest time catching this show. Your best chances are the internet. 

If you're like me and you don't know much about the Cold War, this show will have your full attention. It almost felt like I lived through it. This a German show, therefore the language is German. It is well made, both aesthetically and story wise. The music selection for the entire series is PERFECT and fitting. It is a shame not many people know about this series. 



1. True Detective

Song: Far From Any Road by The Handsome Family
Season: One
Where can I watch this? HBOGo, HBO Now, or just buy the season because it is worth it!

You had to see this one coming. Aside from it being one of my favorite shows, the intro is absolutely stunning. The double exposure effects are shot nicely, and the song sets the perfect tone as to what you're getting into. There is no show in the world that will make me feel the way True Detective does. 



Idanya's Aesthetic: Twin Peaks Intro

You didn't think I was just gonna leave this post without mentioning the love of my life, right? The Twin Peaks intro is everything I would like to be if I was a theme song. My absolute favorite human brought this to us, and I cannot wait patiently until it's revival in 2017. That gum you like is going to come back in style! Catch the first two season on Netflix!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

tv talk

We Are Who We Are A masterpiece from Luca Guadanino BECAUSE MY HEART IS BREAKING. AT THE FACT THAT NOT MANY PEOPLE ARE WATCHING. That's alright, I didn't watch Euphoria so I guess we are even? I hear it's a similar concept except the ones in this program have no real issues that can justify. At least Fraser. Who happens to be my favorite. Who happens to be the one I relate to. Why am I so OBSESSED? Maybe because all I can remember from my time in Italy is being constantly drunk. Wine, Tequila, Limoncello, and Prosecco. Venezia, to be precise. Is it because the soundtrack resonates with my long walks to nowhere. Eating shit, beating heart. Walking along those canals and running towards buses. Camping ground fun. Not to mention, the beginning of the heartbreaks. Merletto Veneziano, biliardo, baciato dal sole.  Because maybe inside I am unlikeable. Broken, but putting my strong fronts. Maybe I don't want to be liked either. Yet people persist...  I can't stand how much

10 Things I learned from watching RuPaul's Drag Race

As some of you may know, I am deeply obsessed with RuPaul's Drag Race. With Season 8 and the 100th episode airing today, I've decided to express my emotions through a FABULOUS AND SICKENING LIST! Here is what this show has done for me. 10. Believe in Your Craft; WORK IT OUT! Sometimes, we wish we could pull off things we don't think we are good at. But hey, no one has to know what a wreck you are. COMMIT TO YOUR LOOK. Commit to your talent, and commit to yourself. Once you do, no one can come for you baby. You've got this in the bag. Unless you cause a total car crash and piss off Mama Ru. 9. You're more than just a pretty face Although to be a successful drag queen one must master the art of giving GOOD FACE, Mama Ru has taught me that it takes more than just FACE to be a drag superstar. While looking for Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve, and Talent, you have to remember that even though you may not be good at something, if you apply the Force of th

tv talk

 Big Little Lies  Season Two Mrs. Renata Klein, you give me life and you give me hope.  I am on the last episode of Big Little Lies Season two, and I am starting to feel gloomy about it coming to an end. I began watching this show with my mom, and we managed to finish season one. However, Season two came out a year ago and I couldn't wait to watch with my mom any longer (I moved, and she needs to see it in spanish.) Being that I am under the age of 30, with no kids, and no money, I don't see how I could possibly relate to these women. My spirit stands, as it is 53 years old. Her name is Renata Klein. In season one of BLL, Renata is the bitch you avoid at all costs. However, women like her are not easy to avoid, and will let you know THEY ARE THERE. Whether its to be nice, or rip your head off your neck. Season two on the other hand, she is here to be empowered.  Yet the premise of this story created by Liane Moriarty, is to show you how terrible marriage can be, specifically ha